If your goal is to lose weight, then your focus should not be on the weight outcome itself, but on the habits and lifestyle that will get you to the version of yourself you'd like to become. If that version is someone who is happier and more confident, then focus on that.
How you do one thing is how you do everything. On principle, be true to that vision by doing the things that make you happy and feel confident. When you make changes to your lifestyle, make sure that what and how you eat makes you happy, and what you do for exercise also makes you feel good.
Here are some paradigm-shifting ideas to inform your journey:
- Gaining health is a precondition to losing or managing your weight
- Weight challenges are only an indicator of your health status. Let go of limiting beliefs telling you that you cannot break out your weight issues.
- You have a relationship with food that can be mental and emotional
- Diets don’t work!
- 80/20 rule: weight loss is 80% what you eat / 20% physical activity
- Eating shouldn’t be riddled with do and don’t rules
- Eating shouldn’t involve morality (good vs. bad) or negative emotions like guilt, shame, or frustration
- Anything can be enjoyed in moderation and mindfulness
To learn more on whether health coaching is right for you, click here to schedule a free consultation.